Health and fitness is the key to a long, active life. Being healthy and fit in simple terms means taking care of body.
Health can be measured by three parameters:
1)Physical health means the physical on appearance of a person.
2)Nutritional health -the presence of required nutrients in the body to fight against diseases with immunity.
3)Psychological health means the ability in a person to maintain patience, calm and composure in all circumstances of life.
Good health helps a person to live their own one’s life to its fullest potential without being physically or mentally unfit. Unhealthy lifestyle results in declining of one’s health. Staying healthy and fit is very crucial for each generation. Exercising and eating healthy are the best ways to take care your health both physically and mentally.
Health and Fitness is a dynamic process. It keeps on changing as we change our lifestyle therefore, it changes our eating habits, our sleeping routine, our thoughts, etc.
Good health of both mind and body help to maintain the required energy level to achieve success in their life. Good health not only means a state of absence of diseases in our body but a complete physical, mental, social as wells as spiritual well being of a person.
A healthy and fit individual is capable of living life to the fullest, without any medical or physical issues. Being healthy is not only related to the physical well-being of a person, but also involves the mental stability or the internal peace of a person.
Health Doctors consider cancer, diabetes and several other mental and physical health issues such as depression, lazy attitude, etc to deficiencies in fitness and well-being of a person. Unhealthy lifestyle of a person also results in premature death. Nowadays, Obesity and lack of physical fitness in young generation sets the stage for diabetes, heart disease, and other serious health problems.
Stress, anxiety, mood fluctuations also shows unhealthy traits of a person.
Every person should take care of their health and fitness. Since childhood, it is easy to focus on this aspect of life as bad habits of childhood are difficult to change afterwards.
Some important tips of good eating habits that one should follow :
- Making breakfast heaviest and dinner the lightest meal of day.
- Eat your salad before you eat meals.
- Don’t starve yourself and overeat subsequently.
- Fast food are costly both for your pocket and heart.
- Yellow, orange and green vegetables and fruits increase life to your heart.
- As your age advances, control your eating habits and exercise more.
Maintaining healthy and fit lifestyles required simple efforts, a few of which are listed below:
- Routine of exercise is highly advantages for our health; it helps in controlling weight, help in boosting the immune system, and directly increases our stamina and energy. Basic metabolism rates increases when an individual exercise. To still maintain the balances, each individual should walk or use cycles instead go of driving at short distance, use stairs instead of elevators or escalators, walk while on call and use the advantages of the available time with the benefits of exercising.
- Yoga is another activity that lays great emphasis on both mental and physical well being of person. Yoga is an effective way for improving health and acts as a preventive measure against diseases. It reduces stress, anxiety, depression, etc which are the core natural and mental factors that affect health.
- Eating balanced diet also directly benefits one’s lifestyle. Having appropriates diet does not lead to fat; it leads to a healthy life.
- Hygiene and sanitation are also major factors that affect the health of an individual. Sitting at a place that is not properly clean can instantly make a person ill and lead to various diseases.
- Health and fitness is determined by what we eat, how we live and what we do to keep ourselves physically fit.
- Take good amount of sleep. Each individual, as per medical terms, one should take at least 8 hours of sleep.
- Drink loads of water, as it helps to release toxins and improve metabolism.
- Have a positive look towards life. For mental health, it is the key to way to stay fits and healthy.
- Positive thoughts should make the mind to stay happy and maintain the mental and emotional health.
Major reasons that lead to the decreases of health are :
- Daily stress — Students often feel stressed about school work and exams. Professionals are also had stress with regard to their life and work. Such conditions lead to imbalanced of mental health.
- Depression — Prolonged stress about something lead to depression. Intake of harmful substances like alcohol, preserved foods, etc, major affects the physical and mental health and fitness.
- Lack of sleep — People tended to work late hour at night, constantly uses their phones, etc and avoid their destined sleep cycle. As suggested by medical doctors, a defined time of sleep is mandatory for each one. Lack of sleep resulted in an unfit lifestyle.
- Junk foods — Eating of junk foods have replaced the proper nutritional diet that one should consume. Unhealthy food habits directly create unhealthy lifestyle.
We create the conditions that lead to become an unhealthy and unfit lifestyle. That’s a fact. So, we should develop good eating and daily routine habits, and become capable of taking the required measures to lead a healthy and fit lifestyle.
The way towards Healthy and Active well being is to focus on making the healthy choice at any given time, rather than postponing the things that to done in the long-term.